2010年6月6日 星期日

San Hsia Historical Street


San Hsia(三峽) is one of the early developed site in Taiwan and now it is the longest historical street in northern Taiwan.

I like this picture very much because when I took my camera out, the elder rode the tricycle passing by. It is said that the road between the buildings was used to be the way for transport coal, camphor oil and tea.


Houses there are in good order and they are constructed in Baroque style. Atmosphere there makes people in a good mood and buildings are different from city jungle. Sometimes I think I was in the preliminary stage of Taiwan. One of the special parts I saw is that most of the stores carved their surname, family name or the name of company in front of the roof.




If you pay a visit to San Hsia, never forget to take a taste of croissant = )

沒有留言:

張貼留言